These conditions of use relate to the ‘Kiwinet.org’ website (“Website”), which are owned and operated by Kiwi Innovation Network Limited (“Company”). If you access or use the Website, you are considered to have consented to the terms and conditions detailed below.
The Company reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions from time to time, without notification. You are responsible for reviewing the conditions, and your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to the conditions.
The information provided on this website is for general guidance only and should not be used as a substitute for legal, business, accounting, tax or other professional advice.
This website is intended to provide general information to the public, and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure its quality and accuracy. However, the Company and its member companies and organisations:
- Makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any information that is available on or through this website, nor represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights;
- Does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for any damage or loss that may directly or indirectly result from any information contained on this website or any actions taken as a result of the content of this website;
- May change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice;
- Is not responsible for verifying the information you provide to the Company or its member companies and organisations through this website;
- Is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website. We do not endorse the information, content, presentation or accuracy of such other websites, and do not make any warranty, express or implied, regarding them
- Does not endorse any website, organisation or person who creates off-site links to this website.
The Company makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility:
- That the website or the server are free of computer viruses or any other harmful components, defects or errors;
- That any defects in the website will be corrected;
- That your access to the website will be reliable, uninterrupted or error-free (including access to any linked websites);
- For any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, computer viruses or communication line failures, or
- For any theft, destruction, damage or unauthorised access to your computer system or network
Reference to any specific commercial product, process or service by trade name, trade mark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the Company.
Nothing contained on this website is, nor should be relied on as, a promise or representation about past or future events.
Users of this website assume all risks associated with any transfer of data or information to the Company, and with any other use of this site:
- While all reasonable efforts have been taken to ensure the security of the information while in transit to us, we do not guarantee this, and we are not liable for any damage arising from interception, loss, theft, other action or difficulty;
- All data or information transmitted to us through your use of online services becomes the property of the Company and may be relied upon by us in our dealings with you;
The Company will not be responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss caused in any way as a result of the use of online services, or this website.
Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with these disclaimers and any other disclaimer that forms part of this website.
DISCLAIMER IN RELATION TO KIWINET BEST PRACTICE LIBRARY
Copyright in these documents belong to the respective Kiwi Innovation Network (KiwiNet) Partner Organisations and has been licenced to KiwiNet to copy, adapt, communicate or otherwise deal with the documents for the purpose of creating a best practice library only. KiwiNet further grants a sub-licence to the public to copy the documents solely for the purpose of facilitating commercialisation of New Zealand technology
All information and best practice library accessible at http://kiwinet.org.nz/activities/activities.aspx under the heading “Best Practice Resource Library” (Best Practice Documents) are provided by KiwiNet and its Partners and while KiwiNet endeavours to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Best Practice Documents or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Best Practice Documents for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will KiwiNet or its Partners be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of these Best Practice Documents.
You agree to indemnify us, our agents and licensors against all claims, actions or proceedings for loss or damages arising from:
- any breach by you of these terms and conditions; or
- any reliance by a third party on advice that you give that derives in whole or in part from information that you have obtained through the use of the Best Practice Documents.
KiwiNet or its Partners do not accept liability for, and do not guarantee the accuracy of, information or opinion contained in these documents. These documents cover a wide range of topics and are not intended to be a comprehensive study, nor are they intended to provide legal advice. It should not be treated as a substitute for specific advice on individual circumstances
The Company is the owner of the copyright in the logos, text, sounds, music, and layout associated with this website. This is with the exception of the logos, text, sounds and music of organisations associated to the Company.
Copyright of third parties
The Company cannot give permission to use the copyright of any third party. The Website may provide links to other websites, which may contain information that is the copyright of third parties and subject to restrictions on use or reproduction. You must get permission from the copyright owner to use:
- Copyrighted material from other websites, or
- Material on this website that is protected by the copyright of a third party.
Linking to our website
You may create hypertext links to this Website. If you do this, you:
- Acknowledge that you are responsible for all direct or indirect consequences of the hypertext link; and
- Agree that the Company is not responsible for any loss, damage, liability, costs or expense you may incur for creating or maintaining the hypertext link.
Following hypertext links
If you follow a hypertext link to another website, this is your own responsibility. When visiting other websites, you should refer to the conditions of use of each of those websites and not rely on these conditions.
CHANGES TO THE KIWINET WEBSITE
The Company may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this website at any time, including any service or content offered by this website.
This website and the content have been prepared in accordance with the requirements of New Zealand law. These terms and any matters or disputes connected with this site will be governed by New Zealand laws and will be dealt with by New Zealand courts.
ACCESSING THE KIWINET WEBSITE OUTSIDE OF NEW ZEALAND
The Company makes no representation that this website complies with laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside New Zealand. If you access this website from outside New Zealand, you do so on your own responsibility and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.